Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tidbits from dad

So Sophie has composed her first song. While sitting on my lap with Pip. It even has actions.

Two little girls sitting on a lap
One ran away and had a nap
{at this point Sophie runs away}
One little girl sitting on a lap
Pip looks around and there she sat.

I think it is a great rhyme.
She has also been singing songs about beautiful butterflies and unicorns. And telling stories about princesses, fairies and princess fairies. However they tend to be rambling and have no sense of rhythm, meter, beat or story. So I am sticking the rhyme above as her first real song.

She has also been getting into Spiderbait, They might be Giants (or as Sophie calls them, the Happy Giants) and because I was playing it on Good Friday, the Red and Black song from Les Miserables.

Pip is meanwhile looking around everywhere as a happy little baby, and is starting to grip things.

Next time, with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment