Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jealousy

When the little green eyed monster takes over your little ones, it is quite a sight.

Pip has in the past week become incredibly jealous. Previously she would cling on when other babies were around (don't you go touching my mum and so on), now she is doing the same thing to Sophie. She will quite happily be reading with us, Sophie will come up to listen to the book, and Pip will start waving her arm back and forth and making a "rrrrrrnnnnrrrr" kind of noise and pushing her away. Sophie occasionally over-reacts, but after headbutting hidden books and toys I am hoping that this will disappear soon.

On skype with family, I pull Sophie into my lap to stop her playing with the video camera - cinematographer she is not - and Pip gets jealous, comes over and wants to sit in my lap.

At the moment, I am finding it most amusing, but we do have to stop it - from both sides. We are having lots of talks about sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment