It was going to happen.
As soon as Aurora was taken out of the box, Sophie
asked to cut her hair. At first the answer was no you have to wait until you are 4. So
her dress was removed and she was mostly forgotten.
Six months later, back from Europe, Sophie turns 4 and she remembers. 'I'm four now. Can I cut Aurora's hair?' 'I think you need to practice with your scissors.'
Six months later again, she finds Aurora's dress amongst her doll clothes. The question is asked again. She has new sharp scissors, she has the skills. There was no reason to say no.
I could hear her out the back repeating words I have used.
"Long hair is sooo annoying!"
"We need to get your hair out of your eyes."
Apparently young girls like short hair.
I think the end result is influenced by Aunty Frix.
Sophie really did do a good job of it!!!! I remember very bald dolls....!!!!!
ReplyDelete