So it has been a long time. But I think that I should describe the games that we have been playing with Sophie. There are lots of games we play. Some of them make sense, others less so.
There is running and chasing. Although in our house this means just running backwards and forwards through the 20m length of the house. Sophie loves it though.
There is snakes and ladders. Which Sophie wins every time I play with her. It is quite incredible. Her biggest interest is in sliding down the rope ( it is a Dora the Explorer Ropes and Ladders game). Moving the games pieces around and throwing the dice. All of which are meant to happen in the game, but not necessarily in the order that Sophie approaches them. Yet she still wins because we make the game follow the rules. It can be a little strange.
She also likes to grab Cranium. However we have to change the questions somewhat. Instead of the spelling bee and spell "Obsequious", it is can you read all the letters on this card? And she gets them right. The pictionary bit is to get her to draw the object, and she does ok. We can make the game work - except for the moving pieces around the board. They have to go to certain colours - and the progress around the board be damned.
However I think her favourite games is Hide and Seek, and it is possibly because I will play it with her. We take turns counting up to 14 (her favourite number) with the other person hiding. Sophie will tell me where and how to hide on most occasions, and gets most upset if I do it the wrong way. Most of the time when I do hide effectively, after she has gone past several times I move to a more obvious spot - purely so that I can use that spot latter. It was hilarious the first time that I hid myself in her room by standing against the wall and holding up a blanket that covered my body. It wasn't the same colour as the wall, nor the same shape really. But she was looking around the room, with Liz's help and she couldn't see me. Liz was laughing herself. Since them she has become a lot more cunning. Now she spots me when I do that - she does still give everything a superficial glance. Below is how I was hiding this afternoon. She then made me hide like that repeatedly and brought her toys to keep my company, pictures for me to look at and a bottle for a drink. She likes to keep me comfortable in my hiding spots.
There is running and chasing. Although in our house this means just running backwards and forwards through the 20m length of the house. Sophie loves it though.
There is snakes and ladders. Which Sophie wins every time I play with her. It is quite incredible. Her biggest interest is in sliding down the rope ( it is a Dora the Explorer Ropes and Ladders game). Moving the games pieces around and throwing the dice. All of which are meant to happen in the game, but not necessarily in the order that Sophie approaches them. Yet she still wins because we make the game follow the rules. It can be a little strange.
She also likes to grab Cranium. However we have to change the questions somewhat. Instead of the spelling bee and spell "Obsequious", it is can you read all the letters on this card? And she gets them right. The pictionary bit is to get her to draw the object, and she does ok. We can make the game work - except for the moving pieces around the board. They have to go to certain colours - and the progress around the board be damned.
However I think her favourite games is Hide and Seek, and it is possibly because I will play it with her. We take turns counting up to 14 (her favourite number) with the other person hiding. Sophie will tell me where and how to hide on most occasions, and gets most upset if I do it the wrong way. Most of the time when I do hide effectively, after she has gone past several times I move to a more obvious spot - purely so that I can use that spot latter. It was hilarious the first time that I hid myself in her room by standing against the wall and holding up a blanket that covered my body. It wasn't the same colour as the wall, nor the same shape really. But she was looking around the room, with Liz's help and she couldn't see me. Liz was laughing herself. Since them she has become a lot more cunning. Now she spots me when I do that - she does still give everything a superficial glance. Below is how I was hiding this afternoon. She then made me hide like that repeatedly and brought her toys to keep my company, pictures for me to look at and a bottle for a drink. She likes to keep me comfortable in my hiding spots.
Sophie hiding
Sophie being found
Me hiding.
No comments:
Post a Comment